Wednesday, September 06, 2006

In recent days there has been much moaning, groaning, complaining, and whining coming from my mouth. "This is so hard!" "How can I get through this!?" "I am so tired!", etc, etc. I think God has a really good sense of humor, being the good Dad that he is, and can always find a means of bringing us more perspective in life with little nudges here and there.

I got a nudge today. I was reading on another blog about a mom who had her baby 3 years ago today. She lost him only a few weeks after he was born. As if that was not bad enough, she has since lost 2 other babies to the same ultra-rare genetic disorder. Currently, she is recovering from breast cancer. She loves Jesus and her life shows it - in both her attitude and her actions. When I am allowed a glimpse into others' long suffering, like this woman's, I am brought to my knees. This is exactly where I need to be. On my knees.

I need to surrender to the fact that I am not perfect, that life is not perfect - I cannot get everything right all the time. There will be hard times, there will be failures - but at the end of the day, I'm the daughter of a King - and He's blessed me with an amazing husband who loves me for who I am - who is growing daily in his faith; with 2 beautiful, smart, funny, happy, vibrant girls; with a family who loves me and supports me; with loving, faithful friends; with a steady, good-paying job; with a wonderful home to live in; and with the freedom to worship the God who gave me all this.

Thanks, God, for bringing me back to reality today.

Thank you to all who continue to support us both tangilbly and in prayer. We can keep going because of it.

Much love,
Gena

PS - It's Bryna's first day of kindergarten tomorrow and she is soooo excited! I am too - and so very, very proud of her.
PPS - Be sure to read the three new letters posted below!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joshua Johnson said...

YEA for Bryna!

That first day can be a tear jerker for the parents.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home