Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What a lousy week. I wish I could say Adam's absence is the only reason why, but unfortunately I'm saying that quite literally. Sunday evening I found head lice on the girls. Life as I knew it - which was still somewhat topsey turvey - has totally flipped upside down.

Both my mom and I have been putting in about 15 hour days to combat this. (She is awesome. I don't think I'd have any sanity left if not for all her hard work. Thanks mom - you rock.) We've stripped the whole upstairs of anything fiberous that's removable - i.e. everthing except the couch and mattresses - bagged them, washed TONS of laundry, treated girls heads, scrubbed everything clean - every surface. Vacuumed and vacuumed some more. Sprayed furniture, etc., etc. My basement is closed for the next two weeks.

As for the girls' treatments - well that's another story. It takes about 2 hours to treat each girl. I've spent well over 100 dollars on a combo of OTC meds as well as prescription meds and even a doc's visit. NOTHING had worked. Until yesterday. I began to do olive oil w/ tea tree oil massaged into their scalp and hair - shower capping it for about an hour. Then washing it out - rinsing with vinegar (anyone hungry for salad yet? yuck) - then washing and rinsing normally. Then the fun part. I put on a headlamp and start combing and picking out each nit by hand since the stupid nit combs are totally useless - metal and plastic alike. This takes a minimum of 1.5 hours on Bryna for the picking alone. I'm suprised I still have my eyesight. Not to mention half her hair has been cut out. Thankfully she's got thick hair so you can't really tell. Yet. And then there's sweet little Livi - who doesn't know what's going on - won't still still for any thing. With her, I'm nearly considering a shave. It breaks my heart to even say it. She has such beautiful hair. But she's my baby - so I'll think she's pretty no matter what.

Then trying to keep up with work deadlines. I'm not putting in nearly the time I need to be - but I can't take my kids anywhere yet, so I've been up way early to work. Trying to work over nap time and then again late at night.

Lord help me.

The only up-side to all this is I've been too busy to be too sad about Adam. Although it'll hit me every once in a while and I'll fight a few tears.

At any rate - I didn't mean to run on, nor am I fishing for pity - just needed a little vent and could really use your prayers. It's awful timing - I just keep looking for God's purpose in it. And trying to keep perspective - I know it could be something way worse!!

Thanks for propping me up w/ a prayer tonight.

Gena

1 Comments:

Blogger Joshua Johnson said...

When I saw you Monday you did look tired. Tammy and I really feel for you. Man, what a mess! I hope next week goes better.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home