Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I last spoke with Adam, Monday around 3:30. He was waiting for his flight to Denver/San Diego in the Sioux Falls airport. He was mostly upbeat, and seemed less anxious. He felt good to have the journey in progress.

There was one other recruit flying out with him - also from Mankato. His name is Joshua, and he's 23 years old. Joshua is a Christian. I guess they had a lot of things in common, aside from their faith and created quite an instant bond. Joshua's comment was "it was no mistake they were put there together." To which Adam said something like, "rock on, man." :-) They made a vow to help eachother through the next 90 days to the best of their ability. It's so confirming and reassuring to see God's hand at work by providing a new friend like Joshua.

I don't have much to update on - but did want to provide you with a link to Adam's training matrix (click me), so you can follow his daily progress.

I'll let you know when I hear anything from him - I havent' gotten "the call" yet. I am already writing letters though, and hope he enjoys a nice big stack of them for his first mail call. The process is that he writes home a "form letter" along w/ his address w/in the first 2 weeks. If anyone is interested in writing you can email me once I have his address. There is some protocol to follow, so I'll inform you of it as soon as I'm able.

Love to all,
Gena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home