Tuesday, August 22, 2006

8.22.06

"He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all - how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" - Romans 8:32

Heavenly Father,
Thank you for so faithfully upholding this family on a daily basis. Thank you that my girls are happy girls. Lord, forgive me for times when I lack patience and wisdom in being a good parent. Please increase in me YOUR wisdom and YOUR patience and help me to decrease my stubborn and impatient habits.

I pray that you would use us girls in amazing ways while Adam is away. Continue to reveal your purpose for us in our daily lives. Grow in my girls and in me, the desire to know you more and serve you daily - to put aside our own comforts and agendas so we can join You in Your plans and the work You've already started around us.

Continue to strengthen the purpose You've deemed for Adam. Please bring that purpose more into focus every day so that Adam would not lose hope or courage or faith when the tasks he faces seem so insurmountable. Please use that purpose as a means to encourage him and strengthen him.

During the times where we miss each other so much that it hurts - will You remind us that You are with us at all time? Please comfort our hearts when they are heavy. Please help Bryna, especially, as she can't fully comprehend time, space, and having her Daddy gone. Lord thank You for the father/daughter relationship you've given my girls. It is awesome.

Thank You, God, for the friends and family who very tangible help us, and for those who support us in prayer.

Never let us lose sight of You , God. Please keep our hearts focused on you so that our lives point to you.

In Your Name, Amen.


-----------------

So it turns out that I don't know how to use a tile cutter. Maybe the tiles are just being stubborn. :-) I also need some coaching in the area of sanding. I'm sanding down my cupboards (just getting some coats of blonding off). I think I need a different grade of sandpaper - something grittier. I was hoping to forego the use of a paint remover inside the house. Feel free to post your DIY tips!!!

Thanks for checking in on us.
Love,
Gena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home