Thursday, August 17, 2006

I was able to have a phone conversation with Adam tonight. It was a very rare, and wonderful treat. He got 15 minutes. It was so awesome to hear his voice.

He really needs your prayers right now. His situation has become very discouraging recently. There is some uncertainty as to what they will do with his ears, but it's looking like he most likely will not be back in time for the wedding. This is very devastating for all parties involved. My heart breaks the most, though, for Clay and Adam. Those boys have an incredible bond - a profound brotherly love. Never have I seen two brothers have so much admiration and pride for eachother. Adam, of course, feels completely terrible about it. He's asked me so many times to say how sorry he is.

Right now he's in "limbo." They had him in sick bay for the past 10 days, and just yesterday moved him to PCP - physical conditioning platoon - but he still is not officially training. He's very broken and disheartened right now. He just wants to move on and get the training going so he can get back home.

I got 3 letters from him yesterday!!! It was like I just won the lottery! I read and read and re-read them. It felt like I was holding a million dollars. I had six letters piled up just waiting to send. I was shaking as I addressed them - as if the more quickly I addressed the envelopes, the sooner he'd get them.

When we first spoke today I said: "I just sent you seven letters!!!" (I added one more last night.) He said, "Thank God!" The timbre of his voice was that of pure gratitude - like receiving a meal after days w/o eating. It broke my heart.

I will post portions of his letters here soon. For now - please continue to pray specifically:
- That his ear debacle would be resolved. And better yet - they'd just drop him into training starting Monday so he could still make the wedding!
- That he would sense God's presence every minute of everyday.
- That he would maintain perspective.
-That training would begin ASAP.
-That the DI's would miraculously show favor toward him. (He did mention that some higher-ups were impressed by him (he stood at attention for 20 minutes w/o flinching! Go Disney!) but befuddled by his status.
-Tomorrow AM his recruiting officer will be calling his Senior DI. Let God create a resolution and provide a way out of this limbo state and into the next phase. (There was another young man w/ holes in his ears who basically got the boot. He chose not to have the surgery and got some kind of dishonorable discharge.)

He's asked, very specifically for all to keep praying for him. So thank you for your faithfulness.

I do have an address for him - so if you're interested, feel free to email me, and I will tell you the protocol.

Thank you for checking in on us and keep a look out for the letters to be posted soon.

Much love and gratitude,

Gena

PS - One praise report - Although I am sad for Adam and the whole wedding situation - He's given me the peace that passes all understanding. I know God is in this. I know He'll be glorified, and I know Adam will still be used for an amazing purpose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home