Tuesday, August 29, 2006

8.28.06

New letters

I talked to my DI and he will not let me go home for the surgery. That stinks. He wasa kind of ticked off at my recuiter and at MEPS for letting me come here without getting them (the ears) taken care of first.

I just found out that once in a training company I can not write letters in bed or on square away time until 2nd phase. But that will be a while.

Are you going to be ok with me being gone this extra time? It is going to turn into a 4-month or longer thing. I think that God is and is going to continue to use me here. I am already talking to recruits about Jesus and giving their heart to Christ. They all need hope in here and a lot turn towards a power.

I was also talking to my DI on the way back from the hospital (and by the way, most of the DIs are younger than me) and he was asking what I did before I came here. I told him about the coffee shop thing and he perked up a bit. I turns out that he wants to open a coffee shop sometime. So he starts asking me all these questions about start up and profit on drinks and stuff. He ended up telling me that we would talk about it later. Well got to go I love you ALL! Kisses to both Girls and my woman. :-)

Love Adam

-----

wed 8/23
Today was very hot here. We still went and did 1/4 mile sprints. I am not the fastest guy around, but I come in first or second everytime. It really winds me though, trying to keep up with the 17 and 18 year olds. I can do what they can do but it is just that afterwards I want to take a nap. Ha! It was so hot today that two kids passed out while running on the track. They were ok but they didn't drink enough water. We have to drink 8-10 canteens full of water a day. But the DI's don't always let you use the bathroom. When you neeeed to go too. They like it when we are trying to our hardedst not to wet ourselves. A recruite just has to be smart about when and where he goes. No accidents for me yet!! Ha! The food here isn't that bad. It is no home cooked mean, but after a day of running and marching it tastes pretty good. That is if you are lucky enough to taste it. I don't really have dreams yet. I think I had one kind about you and the girls, but it is hard to remember them in the morning, because at 4:15 AM our day starts very fast. I am going to get my ear stitched tomorrow, so that is good news.

Well I will write more later, I am running out of envelopes and paper, so until I amd able to buy more, letters might slow a bit. ANd they will slow down a lot once I get in a training company. Love you all!!!

Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home