Wednesday, September 06, 2006

More letters:
8/27/06
I am getting ready to go to church and I am picturing our family getting ready for our church at Two Rivers. I just keep getting more and more sad. Please know that I miss you terribly adn I am heart broken to be away from you for so long. I am feeling this way eventough I am going to pretend to be strong. Ok? Ok.

I am getting a different outlook on life here. I am trusing God with every part of my life. I am trusting Him to take care of you and the girls. I am trusting Him that He will bring us back together soon. Most of all, or rather, hardest of all, I am trusting Him that this is the right place to be. I believe that He (Jesus) could get me out of here today if he wanted me out. [ Just got back from chruch - wow. I feel better. I love church, and I love Jesus! it is amazing how much I am learning to rely on Him for every little thing. We sang "Trading my Sorrows." and it hit my soul in the perfect spot. (Do you know what I mean?) So yeah, I miss you so much that if I think about it I want to either throw-up or run out the front gates and go UA to get back to you. I would love a couple more pictures, but only like two more. And later, after a month or two of training, more would be cool. And yes, please send Bryna's letters. I am not sure if I will be able to keep the tears back, but I need to see them. Trust Jesus to keep us safe and to Bring Us Back Together Soon. He will!!! Hi Bryna, I love you. Did you get my letter I sent you? Remember you are always my big girl!! I LOVE YOU GENA, I am with you always too!!

8/28/06
Bryna-
Hi Bryna Ballerina, how are you doing? I wanted to write to you and let you know how much your Daddy misses you! I saw your picturewith your new hair cutt and I think that you are the most beautiful almost six yearh old in the world. I also have a new haircut, but it doesn't look as good as yours.

I hope that you are having fun with your mom and sister and are helping mom like a big girl should. Without dad at home you are in charge of more stuff. I heard you are learning how to wash dishes. That is great!! That makes me very proud of you. I am learning how to do my best at eveything I do, and I hopu are learning the same thing.

Are you ready for school? Tell mama to take lots of first day school pics so I can see them when I get home. The place where I am stying is right by an airport so I see big planes take off and land everyday. Soon you will be coming here in one of those planes and we can watch them take off and land together. We are also going to go as a family, an see a killer whale and a lot of other fish at sea world. Does that sound like fun? It does to me!!

I have to go Bryna, but you be good and keep helping your mother with housework and your sister. I love you and miss you very very very very much.

Say hello to the kitties for me -

Love, Dad.

8/30/06
"Another day in PCP."

Hey Girl - This might be one of my last letters for a while - I am not sure I probably calle you last week to tell you. Mike company is known as Mighty Mike. They are the toughest company on depot. I do not know if the doctor will clear me tomorrow to do that or not. Alpha is known for being a middle of the road company, I guess.

I am at the linen warehouse right now waiting for the workers to show up so we can get our clean bed linens for PCP. It is 0600. Today I had to get up at 0245 to post fire watch in the company office until lights on at 0415. That wasn't too fun. I amd trying to think of some of the questions that you asked me in your latest letter. The last one I got was your handwritten letter that you wrote on Sat. I can barely believe tht life is going on as usual in Mankato. Iti is weird to imagine that place still existing while I am here. It is getting a little more normal here. I stress " a little." The routine that I am in is not norma for here, but it is getting there. Tell Clay thank you for the letter that he wrote, He is the BEST (two underlines) brother a guy could have. I love him.

I could not have done this without you as my wife, Gena. You are the main reason I believe I can do this. I would have given up a while ago if it wasn't for your wonderful, encouraging letters. I thank God every night and morning that I have you, and no one else as my wife.

Tell Bryna I love her & HI! I am glad to hear that you are wanting me to be here still. I am getting tired, my body is not overly stressed, but it is always tired. I am not sure how training is going to treat me. I guess we will find out. My worst fear is to break my leg or something and have t stay here to let it heal and stuff. Hopefully that won't happen, though.

CA is beautiful. I think you asked me about how it is here. It is usually cloudy unitl 1000 or 1100, then it is sunny the rest of the day. It has not rained since I have been here. From what I hear, it doesn't really rain hre in the summer. But now I am going to be here in the winter, and I hear that the nights and mornings ar chilly. Should be interesting camping during 2nd phase. Did I tell you I might get all of Dec off if my grad date is right? I am not sure though. You might want to ask Lomax the next time you talk to him.

Oh yeah - yesterday I was one of the recruits picked for RAMPS. I am not sure what it stands for, but three recruits from each STC platoon (MPR1, 2, 3, and PCP) go out to breakfast on base with the first seargant and the company captain. We went to the Marines chow hall, not the recruit chow hall, and had real eggs, real pancakes, and get this....COFFEE. It was wonderful. I miss sittng at the table with you and just drinking a cup of coffee. Ahhh some day soon. :-) I can not wait to hug you and I don't think I am going to let you go.

And, tell Bryna that there is a bowling alley here and we can use it on visitor Thursday. Cool huh? Anyway.

I love you ALL!! oooxxxoooxxxooo Adam!! DAD!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home