Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Google Maps:
If you have never done this, you have to. You can look up any address in the world and see an aerial view of it. My address of choice is the San Diego Airport, then I scroll "north" (UP) just a little, and I can see the USMC Recruit Depot, where Adam is. I can see platoons out doing training, marching to mess halls or barracks, I can see the obstable courses, the parade deck, the Deopt Theatre, the Bay on-base. Being the visual person that I am, it helps a tremendous amout for me to be able to look at this. I do so several times a day. I like to think that one of those little "ants" is Adam. :-) It makes me feel as though I can be there with him in a virutal way. I can't wait for him to come show me what is what...or rather - be there myself!

Anyway, if you feel like it - check it out sometime! (Make sure to click on the "satellite" button in the upper right of the window to see the "real" aerial view. You can even zoom in pretty far!

My dad's angiogram, yesterday, revealed 4 areas of blockage. Today they will administer a stress test to determine how to move forward with treatment. Some may be treatable via medication, others we're not sure. We do not know the extent of the blockage (percentage-wise) at this point. I may drive my mom to Rochester, but we're waiting to see what's going to happen next first.

I spoke with Dad last night on the phone, and he sounded like his cheerful self. (or tough German - "I'm just fine." self :-) I still have a lot of hope that he is going to be just fine - but we are very ready for treatment to be under way!

Thanks again, for your continued prayers and support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home