Tuesday, September 12, 2006

This an old letter that got lost in the shuffle, but was finally delivered to me just today:

Written 8/20 and 8/22:
Gena-
It is Sunday night and today was the slowest day here yet. We got to sleep in today and got up at 0515 instead of 0415 like we do the rest of the week. Then I was late to church because we had to wash all of our dirty laundry by hand with a scrub brush after we were done with breakfast chow. So, I get to church and I went to the wrong service. I went to charasmatic service instead of non-denominational. It was still good though. My faith is about 50 times what it used to be.

Yesterday was my best day at boot camp so far. I got a bunch of letters from all of you. Thank you Gena, Mom and Dad, Jeff and Ahmelie, Tory and Natalie, Brinkerts, and Mr Webber for sending mail and motivating the poop out of me. Ha Ha :-) :-)

It was so amazing to read those letters and hear some familiar voices in my head. I am so grateful for all of you! Wow....

I also found out that senior Drill Instructor SSG Escamilla called the hospital and told them to change my sugery for my ears from Sept 5th to this week. He told me that he did it because I am a "motivated recruit." So I am learning alot from the other guys here and working my butt off. Today we did a crazy hard exercise course and hit the weight room twice. Yesterday we sprinted two miles, and we are doing it again tomorrow. I am one sore old man.

Any pictures that we get in the mail we have to shw our drill instructors. So I had to show the ones you printed off. The are my prized possesions by the wey. I show them off to everyone. Anyway Senior said I have a wonderful family and that I am ordered (double underlined) to take my wife to Hawaii when I get back. So that was a direct order from my SDI!!! :-)

I also just got Gena's two other letters tonight. I am looking forward to reading them after lights out tonight. Bryna, I love your haircut, sugar!! It is cute!!

Got to go.

Love to all.

Kiss my girls, I love their pics!!!

Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home