Sunday, November 12, 2006

Series Honor Man!!!!!!!!!

So much has happened in the last 3 days - I don't even know where to begin.

WEDDING: The girls and I are home after a WONDERFUL weekend celebrating the marriage of Adam's brother Clay to my new sis-in-law Jamie!!!! I love you guys. Wow did we have fun. The girls were perfect flower girls! I was so proud. I didn't see much of the ceremony after I did my reading - and didn't "fully" experience the reception due to the chasing of a goofy little 2-year old ( I think I got a few bites of each course. this was also due to the fact that she had wildly strewn my silverware onto the floor) - but all around we had a blast! We were met with so much accommodation and graciousness that it overwhlemed me (more than once.) Marty, Sammy, Lisa, Mr. Ward, many others who's names I can't remember (sorry!) - your words of encouragement and acts of kindness were highlights of my weekend. Julie & Shane, the DePaulo family - your hospitality and generousity were such a blessing. Kathy and Jerry - I love you so much. You spoil us girls. We are so grateful. I am so fortunate to be considered one of your own. Some of my all time favorite moments were with my dear, sweet mom-in-law laughing hysterically in spite of being lost or late or in the company of crabby children. :-) There were several other classic moments that I can laugh at now - but was very much not laughing at while "in the moment."

Adam's absence this weekend was so evident and verbally acknowledged by countless people. I proudly relayed his current activites more times than I can count. Truly my joy and my privilege. His personality is so magnetic - he really does leave a great void. Praise God we get him back!!! Anyhow - Jamie's Grandad gave the most touching speech. He is a veteran - and his speech was keeping in theme in honoring those who've served. He opened his speech with a thanks to my Adam. I was so honored.

I kept my cell phone glued to my hand and at one point even down the front of my dress (HAH!!!) hoping with all hope I'd get a phone call from the best man.

Both girls danced until they could dance no more!!!

SERIES HONOR MAN
This morning at 0700 I got a call from Adam!!! He earned the spot of Series Honor Man. He told me it was between him and another guy for Company Honor Man (the #1 spot) and it was a dead heat - but the other guy had higher rifle and PFT scores, so that earned the other guy the Company Honorman spot. BUT - #2 out of 300-400 men! I can't tell you how proud I am!!! This guy is beyond amazing.

We got on the road at about 10:00 am and at about 10:30 am I got another call from Adam! Turns out he was granted a phone call to his brother to wish him well, so he called me first looking for his number. WOW! God is good.

So - the girls and I made it back just fine. A record 7 hours. Yay.

MIKE COMPANY WEBSITE
Sometimes I put my website development skills to use and try to use sneaky tactics to get to files that might not be readily viewable - like new versions of the Chevron, or platoon pictures, etc. Well today I thought I'd try that for Adam. Long story short, I googled Mike Company and found a PICTURE OF ADAM!!!! You will not believe how skinny that guy looks. And tough as all get out. So check it out for yourself and tell me if he scared you too! Bryna said, "I like the 'regular' Daddy better." Hah. I told her she'll like him much better once he's got a smile on his face. It's a WMV file - you'll see him at about 2:02 mins into it. Press pause. :-) Enjoy.

TROUBLESHOOTING: If you get a bunch of "gobbledyguk" when you click on the WMV file link above, try this instead. 1.Right click the link "PICTURE OF ADAM" 2. Select "save link as". 3. Save the file to a preferred location on your computer. 3. Open the file from your computer.
Love Gena

PS - I just figured out how to moderate comments - so if you commented and I hadn't put them up there until now, that is why!! Sorry!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home