Thursday, November 02, 2006

10/29/06

Gena-

Well it is the first Sunday of 3rd phase. I can no longer go to church because the platoon will do something stupid if I am gone and get us all into trouble. So, I stay here and babysit them all morning. I miss church a lot. I can not wait to go to Two Rivers with you. Maybe I will wear my uniform on that first Sunday back. :-)

I made it through the Crucible!!! It wasn't bad at all. Ther were some pretty demanding parts, but I was expecting harder days. The worst part was getting up on Friday morning at 0200 after a combined two days rest of 5 hours and making a 10 mile hike with full gear and weapons and then doing The REAPER. That was hard. But most of us made it back for our warriors breakfast. It was wonderful, and then we all threw up. We all ate so much that we got sick. I have thrown up too many times here at boot camp. Usually it is from being forced to drink 3-4 canteens of water in 3-4 minutes.

The gas chamber sucked. It was a CS gas. It's like pepper spray times ten. It burned your skin and made you mucus all over. We had to take off our mask three different times for 3-4 minutes each time. We also saw coyotes running around, scorpions, and rattle snakes.

The light has started to appear at the end of the tunnel. It is all I can do to stop from jumping around when I think about seeing you. I hope Livia has a great birthday. Give her a hug and kiss from her long lost dad!!! We are getting our platoon pictures taken on Monday (30th). They should be posted on the website. This week is swim week then team week then finals week then grad.

I got my dogtags yesterday. That is a little step that helps me think time is moving. The only thing wrong with my dog tags is, for religion, it says Lutheran. Oh well!! When you come can you pack 2 pair jeans, 4 T-shirts, 2 pair shorts, BOXERS (4 pair), and my cell phone and charger?

Well I better get going. I love you all and can not wait to see all of you. Make sure we have some good coffee at home. :-) Is the HUB stil open? Just wondering.

I LOVE YOU!!!! xxxoooxxxoooxxxooo

Adam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home