Friday, September 29, 2006

Letter dated: 9/21/06

Gena,
It is 2051 and lights out is at 2130 with our evening rituals starting at 2115 so this letter will be short.

Our platoon has been in so much trouble since the beginning. We have a bunch of kids that are selfish and do not learn too quickly. We get a lot of pain because of them. We go to the dirt a lot sometimes, as a platoon - up to four times a day. Lomax will know what I mean.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to my big 6-year-old. It is the 21st today. I have been telling everyone about my beautiful girls. All three of them.

I will write more later....

Well it is Sunday the 24th. Sundays are the hardest with missing all of you. I also had one really hard day this week. I pray for all of you all the time.

We have dropped 21 recruits from our platoon so far. We still ahve about 3 or 4 "Leonards" in here. They will be gone by the time we go up North, I think. The drill instructors get on them pretty hard. We leave for up north - Camp Pentelton - next Saturday. Mail will be slow with us being up there. That is where we learn to be Marines. We learn fire teams and shooting and stuff. It is also really hard. We are starting to prepare for up north.

We had initial drill on Saturday. We were the favorites to win first place. It is a HUGE deal to win. We practiced all the time. We ended up having two "not so smart" guys messing up and we got 2nd place. Needless to say our Drill Instructors were not too pleased. We sweated a LOT for the rest of the day. Then on fire watch, a guy from my squad made a mistake while reporting his post and the DI made him wake me up to relieve his post becaue he didn't know what he was doing. Grrrr.

I am no longer scribe of any sort. We picked up two new recruits from MRP who were previously scribes, so now I am only squad leader. Which gives me a little more time, but it means that I get killed for all the other people's mistakes. Very frustrating.

Tell everyone: Mom, Dad, Dave, Clay - Thank you so much for your letters! They mean so so so much to me. I am sorry that I am not able to write back to you. This recruit hopes that you understand.

I feel totally like the same person I was when I came. I am just in better shape right now. I am really looking forward to getting second phase over with. I know it is going to be the hardest part of training.

Bryna - How was your Birthday? Did you get my card tht I sent? I heard that you went to Chuck E Cheese too? Did you have some pizza for me? I hope so. I am looking forward everyday to seeing your beautiful face. I also heard that you are doing great at school. Dad is going to be home soon. I love you.

It looks like I have to be back in San Diego on Dec 5 at 11:30 am for MCT. But if this recruit gets recruiter assistance that will be pushed back some. Also, MCT closes for Christmas at one time. Hopefully, it will work out that this recruit will get most to all of December off.

I have had three recruits come up to me and ask me to pray with them. Recruits looks towards something stronger than themselves in here. No one can do it on their own. A recruit needs faith and other recruits to survive. Two of those three recruits have been dropped. The other probably will this week.

oooxxxoooxxxooo
I love you ALL and miss you sooooo much. Stay strong! Keep Praying!!

Love, Adam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home