Monday, September 18, 2006

So much to be thankful for!

For those who have not yet heard -

Dad's surgery was miraculous! It turns out that he has been a walking miracle all these 56 years. A portion of his heart (an important and large portion) was, in fact, not even functional for all his life and was just discovered via surgery.
Also - get this. They did a QUINTuple bypass on him. Yep that's 5.

He has recovered so well over the weekend that they are going to go ahead and release him tomorrow! He gets to come home and recoup here! We cannot believe it. He's doing so very well. The nurses' comments have been that he gets the gold star for best patient! They loved him. We were so blessed to have such a caring staff.

We are so, so thankful for this amazing outcome. God's faithfulness is awesome. I see him using this as a catalyst for many many other things that He plans to do with our lives and our family!

----In other news-------

I got a very encouraging letter from Adam - he is sounding so much more positive! I am so incredibly proud of him. He's my hero!! Here's the letter:
----------------------

Hey girl,
I am finally able to write a letter. I called you today and talked to you for a few seconds about your dad. I am praying for everyone, your dad, mom, you, and the girls. I wish I could have found out what happened. All I know is my SDI pulled me out of a class at 0800 and said that a Bob from home had a heart attack and his condition is unknown. I was freaking out! I couldn't stop thinking about your poor mom and dad. I hope that everything is alright.

Today we did pugil sticks 1. It was alright. I was a little distracted. Anyway, it is crazy in Mike Company, but fun (kinda). I am the Platoon Head scribe, Company head scribe, first squad leader, and platoon prayer leader. Yeat, it keeps me busy. I am getting about 5-6 hours of sleep a night because of all the paperwork that I have to do after lights out. Starting tomorrow I am training in a new scribe and keeping the squad leader position. It is simply too much to do. Our platoon started with 85 recruits and it is now down to 77 or so. Hmm what else....Alot - but it is hard to write it all down so fast. I will have a lot of stories when I see you over Thanksgiving. Remember my current grad date is Wed Nov 22nd so family day will be Tues Nov 21st!

To my girls, I love you girls and I am so proud of you. Bryna, I am counting the days to hold you and hear all about your days at kindergarten. I bet you are acting like a big girl and taking care of your sister. :-) You are my girls. I love you. Give Livia a big hug and kiss from her dad.

Gena - what can I say. Because of this time apart from you, I am going to treat you better and better with eachday we are together. I miss you so much and I am so proud of you for being able to do what you are doing with our family. You are holding us together. You and Jesus are holding us together. Well, time to become a warrior. :-) Love to all.

I am well and think of everyone everyday.

Love, Adam.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joshua Johnson said...

That is great news about your dad. Great letter from Adam too!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home