Thursday, September 14, 2006

My dad is going to have surgery tomorrow. He will have two seperate consultations today
with various surgeons. One option is to have stints put in and the other is open-heart surgery. Today they will present him with the risks of each and he'll have to make a decision regarding which one to go with. The seemingly obvious choice would be stints, however, due to the location of the blockages, it has increased the level of risk in doing that procedure.

Please pray for guidance for my dad that the choice would be obvious in which surgery to have. I know medical technology has come so very far, and that he's in the best place in the world for this type of surgery - but it's still my dad. And - if I'm having a hard time trusting right now and feeling at peace, it's hard to imagine how he must feel. Please pray for the trust level of our family - that God would instill in us a sense of peace, so we're able to rest in His faithfulness. He is still in control. I need to say that over and over to myself some days.

Also, if you wouldn't mind praying for my Livia. She is having a bit of trouble seperating from me these days, with very good reason. Normally she adjusts very well, and is happy to go play at new places. Right now, I think, with the impact of long days at daycare and not having big sister there with her all day has been somewhat traumatic. Please pray that she would feel secure even though we are not together, and that our time together would be quality time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home