Tuesday, October 17, 2006

New letter!!! 10/17/06

Gena,
So much is going on and I don't have any time to write. Know that I am thinking of all of you every day and praying for you too. Your letters lift me up out of this place for a little bit and it is as if we are stiting down talking. I am glad that you and the girls are in a "normal" schedule now. I love the pictures you sent, and Bryna's school picture is unbelievable!!! She looks sooo grown up!! It was hard to see how much I've missed in such a short amount of time.

We went on our 5-mile hike yesterday with our 50 lb. packs. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't terribly hard either. I was at the front with our guide-on hiking with the Senior Drill Instructor, Series Commander, and Company Commander. Kinda cool. So yes, I am still guide. It sucks because recruits mess up every day, so now the squad leaders and myself get IT'd in the dirt almost every morning for their mistakes. We started firing our M16A2 service rifles last week, and this week all we do is go to the firing range at 0430 or 0500 and fire our rifles until 1700 or 1800. They will be some long days. Then we have qualification day on Friday.

Sounds like that documentary is pretty on. Yeah, "Ears" "Open, Sir!" "Eyes!" "Click, Sir!" ALL DAY LONG!! They do yell a lot. Being a guide, this recruit gets to see some of the more human sides of the drill instructors. Not a lot though. One of our DIs, DI Staff Seargent Brooks told me I was his best recruit. And then asked me, "You want some cake with your chow today, boy?" I said, "Yes sir." We are not allowed to get dessert with our chow. Almost all of the other platoons are.

One of the other DIs from another platoon came into our squad bay while we were cleaning rifles, made me go with him to his squad bay. He told me that I am changing platoons! He stood me in front of his platoon and told me I was now their guide. The platoon had to respond, "Aye, Aye, Guide!" as I ran around yelling at them to clean their rifles faster. Ha! It was fun. Anyway, I really have tons of things that I want to tell you. I wish I could call you. Your letters are beyond encouraging, and everyone else's too. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to write to me and pray for me. I love you All!!

Bryna, I love you and I am very proud of you!! Livi, I love you little girl! Gena, You are always with me in in my heart and thoughts. I love you.


Adam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home