Monday, October 02, 2006

Feel like I'm walking on air - got a letter from the most amazing man alive - that guy who I'll love until the day I die.
---------------------------------
Gena,
It is 12:51am. I have to get up to write you because this recurit is too busy usually to write anything during the day.

I am sorry that I am getting blurry. I know that it has been a while since we have seen eachother. I have bad days sometimes, like the other day. I think it was Monday, where I had to tell myslef that I was going to be here forever, that this was my new life. It was too painful to think of all the time that had to pass before I saw you again. I keep that picture of you and the girls in my right breast pocket and look at it whenever I can. You and the girls give me constant motovation to give my 110% in this place so I can make it out.

On Sunday, I feel the same way as you, closer connected to you through worship. I raise my hands and feel for a moment as if we are together in the Lincoln Community Center. As I worship, I can hardly, and 9 out of 10 times cannot- hold back the tears. Sundays are my favorite and least favorite days on depot, because I feel so close to you, but then so dissapointed when at the end of the day we are hundreds of miles apart.

Keep your head up. Don't let me get too blurry in your minds eye either. Well I am going to tell you what is going on a little in training, and then I will hit the rack because I have fire watch every night now, at least for a while - because I am the new guide! I am an the one in charge of the squad leaders and responsible for the entire platoon's actions. That is very scary. Pray for strength, because with this platoon, I am going to be getting IT'ed a lot. I have not been IT'ed once yet up to this point. So now I carry the guide-on (flag on a stick) in front of the platoon. I also have to sleep in a single rack (everyone else has a double), in the middle of the squad bay. Easy acess for the Drill Instructors. :-)

If I am able to keep Guide, and that is a big if, (we have had three other guides before me), and I graduate as guide, I will get dress blues for free and have a shot at company honorman and Lance Corporal. We'll see. I still just take every day from chow to chow.

We have been doing tons of stuff so I will just tell you about the stuff that I do well at. Haha :-) We did pugil sticks 1&2 and have pugil sticks 3 tomorrow. In one and 2, I am still undefeated. One was some one on one combat in a big circle, kinda fun. In 2, it's 2 on 1 and you are on a bridge. I was never beat as the one on 2 or as part of the 2 on 1. That was fun!! Tomorrow is the thunder dome. It is like a collusieum of sorts. Two hallways run into a room. We run through the hallways, and meet in the room to fight. Should prove to be fun.

We also did the tall and short confidence course. The short one has the obstacle that is thr one Full Metal Jacket called the "tough One" The one that Private Pyle keeps jumping on and slipping off of. Well it isn't that hard after all. And then the tall ones can be unnervering. There were a couple of recruits who froze at the top. There is a big ladder-like thing to crawl over and some other tall ones. They were fun. And then we did the "slide for life" It is a platform that is 40-50 feet in the air, with a cable running from it to the ground. You get on top of the cable, head first on your chest and pull yourself halfway down. Then, when told, you flip over underneath the cable and keep going. Then, when told, you drop your feet, switch grip, pull your feet up and keep going. Under the cable is a pool with nasty water. If a recruit falls in the pool, he has to take the "walk of shame" all the way back to the squad bay on his own. Everyone else on depot who sees you, knows that you are on your "walk of shame". They point it out how ever they can. Well, I went on it 2 times and stayed dry. Recruits wear boots, pants, and sweatshirts too, so they are very wet. We had about 12 fall from our platoon.

We are getting ready to go up North to Camp Pendleton on Saturday. That should be interesting. We have been promised, by all our DI's, a very difficult time. Lots of prayer please. We had to go to medical yesterday and get four more shots for up north. You just roll up your seelve and step through a door-like assembly line and you just get stuck with needles. It is not very pleasant. Someone always passes out or bleeds a lot.

We are memorizing tons of info and trying to reatin tons of procecures for on the firing range. Well, I would love to sit down, grab some coffee and talk more ,but I have to go get some sleep. I love you all.

Hi Bryna!!! Hi Livia!!!

xxoooo I love you!! xxoooo

I love you Babe!

Talk to you soon.

Adam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home