Wednesday, January 31, 2007

We had the opportunity to witness something amazing last weekend. We were driving through town just as 300 Marines were driving through town heading back to 29 Palms. They had just gotten home from Iraq after being deployed for a long stretch of time. It was awesome. People were coming out of their shops, lining the streets, waving and cheering. The boys were hanging out of the bus windows and smiling and waving. It brought me to tears. There they were - MY heros - alive, well, and home. Adam said, "Think how it'll feel when it's me coming home on one of those busses." I said, "Uh..I'm not ready for that." He said, "Yeah, I suppose. Those are also the same busses that would take me away."

Bingo.

Anyway - we continue to be a very happy family - grateful for the "now."

This weekend we're going to try out a new church, hopefully take a little hike, and on Sunday we'll go on base to one of Adam's instructor's house for a super bowl grill out party. I'm really looking forward to meeting another Marine wife. I'm a bit nervous about my little girls' ears in a house packed with rowdy Marines. Maybe Adam will have to pull rank and make them tone down their language. ;-)

Here are some pictures of our journey so far. Many more to come. I'm just figuring out our new camera (we LOVE it, G & GK!!!)







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home