Friday, December 22, 2006

Adam is on the bus heading to the USO in San Diego!! He graduated as Academic Honorman, one of 3 Company Honormen. WOOO HOOO!!! He's got a limo driver, who he met during his last stay in San Diego, lined up to transport Adam and his fellow Marines to the hotel for free. I can't wait for him to get here...it just won't feel like Christmas until then. (Of course the dreary grey skies and brown ground doesn't help much) Good thing I have the sweet faces of my cheery little girls to look at instead!

Lately Livi repeats anything she finds funny. She is putting a lot of words together which is super fun to hear. She's formed a pesky little habit of thinking she needs to stay up late everynight and watch a "Moo-ee" with me. (movie) So last night we were up watching Iron Chef America while she repeated said, "Nummm!" and "Ick" depending on what dish was being made. :-) A culinary genius. I couldn't be more proud. ;-)

Bryna wrote a CLASSIC picture/letter to Santa. She asked for a real guitar, a rockstar outfit, and a Barbie set. On the back she wrote: "Jast Sapriz Me." If I save nothing else of her pictures from her youth - I'm saving that one!!! She also discovered last night that she can READ! She has been working hard on sounding words out for some time now - but she is up to words like "danger" with really no help from me at all. I mean - I was floored. We called Grandma Kathy first thing!!! In total, Bryna read 2 early reader books to me last night. She did wonderfully. I know that she is not way above the curve, but to know that your once-baby has the gift of literacy - well, it's quite a fulfilling feeling.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so great to hear about how your family is doing.... :) You must be so proud to have such a wonderful husband and such intelligent little girls. I hope you guys had a Very Merry Christmas and are planning for an Amazing New Year!
-God Bless!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home