Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A few more pictures, and a little update:

Adam and I have been able to text message here and there over the past few weeks. The last I heard his voice was Thursday night. He is now done with training (yesterday was a 15-mile hike) and is going through processing with graduation on Friday morning.

I will make the trek up to the Minneapolis airport on Christmas Eve morning to pick him up. His flight comes in at 6AM. Still have to figure out what to do with my little girls. If it were up to me I'd leave them snug and warm in their beds, but baby sitters are hard to come by at 4AM on Christmas Eve morning! We'll see...

My sweet sleep-deprived best friend Erin took my girls last night so I could go spend 3 hours Christmas shopping. I owe you, girl!!! You'd think 3 hours would be more than enough, and yet I'll be doing another round this afternoon to finish up.

I'll pass on all the presents and just take my Marine. :-) We are SO so so fortunate to have our family together this Christmas. My heart goes out to all those families of service members who won't see their loved ones this year, and especially to those who lost a soldier this year. God keep our troops safe!

Much love and a Merry Christmas to all our family and friends!

Isaiah 9:6

6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home