Friday, October 12, 2007

Hey Girl,
Hmm ---- every single day here is a struggle to keep my sanity. Everything that I have worked for in the Marine Corps is gone. I am just the "fat one" of the platoon. Kind of funny, I guess.

Anyway, time goes so slow here. I am thinking about you girls and home way too much. Part of me prays everyday that something will happen to send me home. But that is just the part of me that wants to be home.

I really do want to finish my training here, it is just the hardest thing that I have done in my entire life!!!

We have church on Sunday, which is really good but makes me sad. And then we also have a praise and worship here on Thursday nights. Last Thursday, I got a book called "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper. You have probably heard of him. He is a pastor in MInneapolis.

I have only gotten one letter from you so far and today is Sunday the 7th. I need to read your words soon. How are Bryna and Livia? Tell them that they make me so proud and happy. I miss all of Bryna's smart conversations and Livia's sweet observations.

It tears me up to be away from you again so soon. I am wondering about TBS - pray whether or not we should be together during that time. i know there are a lot of logistics involved in that consideration, and it would not be a permanant duty station yet. And I still have to make it through all these tests and physical test. I will be only through GOD if I can make it for seven and a half more weeks.

I have to study now. We have a 4 mile hump with full packs tomorrow. Hope it isn't too bad.

Love you, Gena, Bryna, Livia.....

DAD!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God watched his Son suffer and die on a cross so we might live and Jesus humped a cross up to calvary. Hang tough and lean on Him! "He teaches my hands to make war, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze." Psalm 18:34

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home